With the New Year right around the corner I find it appropriate to list my resolutions. Every year I make resolutions and every year I break my resolutions. I read somewhere that if you put your thoughts and goals in writing where others can see them you are more likely to follow through; so here I am making my resolutions visible for everyone to see:
- Slow down. I am always in a hurry, running late, or last minute; this year a goal of mine is to slow down and take life in strides. I have realized I do not always have to rush, and if I slow down maybe I will enjoy life a little more.
- Patience. My Oh My, how I must practice patience. This resolution partially involves slowing down. When I am in a rush to get somewhere or do something my patience runs incredibly thin; so I plan to practice patience.
- Lose Control. I am such a control freak. I cannot tolerate when others are driving, even if they are great drivers; I just simply cannot tolerate not being in control. I have learned only this past year that I cannot always be in control, so I plan to lose control more often in 2012.
- Read more books. I LOVE, LOVE, absolutely LOVE reading. I always catch myself watching TV show after TV show instead of picking up a book from all the must reads I have stacked by my bed, so in 2012 I will shut off my TV (set my DVR, of course) and read more.
- Be healthier and lose weight. I am combining the two because they go hand in hand. I need to love and respect my body more, so in 2012 I will go to the gym, quit eating junk, and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Be me. In the past, I was always hung up on what everyone expected from me, and wanted me to be. The only way to truly be happy is to be who I am, like what I like, and do what I want to do. In this next year, I plan to be more of me.
In 2012, it is obvious I will be working on myself. I am excited and look forward to what the New Year has in store for me. I have listed a lot of resolutions but I am definitely excited for the challenge and look forward to slowing down, becoming more patient, losing control, reading, getting healthy, and being me. So, here’s looking at me, 2012.
Happy New Year!!